At motive8 IQ we want to give young people the best possible start to their career, that’s why we work with school, academies, sixth forms and colleges to offer the Level 2 Certificate In Fitness Instructing to their students.
What We Offer
Endorsed by Active IQ, the Level 2 Certificate In Fitness Instructing (Gym) is a nationally recognised, vocational qualification which will open the door to many, exciting and rewarding career opportunities including:
Working in leisure centres and health clubs
Working on cruise ships
Working as self-employed fitness and class instructors
Management opportunities in the health and leisure industry
During the Level 2 Certificate in Education, students will study:
• Anatomy & physiology
• The principles of fitness
• Goal setting for exercise
• Understanding barriers to physical activity
• Communication skills & relationship building with clients.
• Health & safety in the relation to the gym environment
• How to plan and prescribe and exercise programmes
• How to safely instruct and use resistance equipment, free weights, body weight exercise and cardiovascular machines
• Have an understanding of working with special populations such as the older adult, disabled clients, pregnant clients.
• Have a basic understanding of exercise nutrition.
If students wish to continue their studies after their successful completion of the Fitness Instructing qualification, they can sign up directly with motive8 to complete the Level 3
Certificate In Personal Training.
We provide flexible approaches so that our courses fit with your students, your curriculum and your timetable.
The Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing can be offered as part of your school curriculum, as an after school activity, or during the holiday break. All of our courses are offered using a blended learning approach, with all class room activities supported by e-learning.
The course can be funded by the school, the pupils, or part-funded by both.
To discuss the most suitable option for you and your students contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why motive8 IQ?
It’s quite simple, we’re as passionate as you are about giving young people a step on the career ladder. We appreciate that going to university isn’t for everyone, and that some pupils will want to start their employment straight away. The fitness courses we offer provide an excellent opportunity to improving their employability in an exciting, young industry.