Endorsed by Active IQ and recognised by REPS & CIMSPA, the Level 2 Certificate In Fitness Instructing (Gym) is the gold standard entry to the fitness industry; the qualification you should be looking for within your fitness team.
At the end of this course all learners will be a fully qualified Fitness Instructor, with a thorough understanding of anatomy, physiology and how the body moves so they are able to confidently plan, prescribe and deliver effective exercise programmes specific to client goals, in addition to having an understanding of how to address barriers to physical activity.
The Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing is the first step to gaining further qualifications such as:
- Level 3 Personal Trainer Qualifications
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma In Sports Massage Therapy
- Further Level 2 qualifications including Circuit Training, Suspension Training, Pre & Post Natal Exercise, Exercise To Music, Aqua Aerobics.
During the Active IQ Level 2 Certificate In Fitness Instructing (Gym), all learners will study:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Identify and address barriers to physical activity
- Health and safety in the fitness environment
- Goal setting and exercise programming
- How to warm up and cool down effectively
- How to use cardiovascular equipment and resistance machines
- Exercise contra-indications and special populations
- How to monitor exercise intensity and understand the effects of exercise on the body
- The health benefits of physical activity and the impact on certain diseases
- Basic nutritional principles
All learners should have some experience of exercising in a gym, in addition to using free weights. Due to the nature of the course, some physical exertion will be required, so a degree of physical fitness is essential.
Good communication skills are also desirable.
Our courses as delivered as bespoke training courses for our customers. We have an initial meeting to discuss your training needs, formulate a training plan and schedule based on your training requirements and budget.