The Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training combines the knowledge and study modules from the Level 2 Fitness Instructor and Level 3 Personal Trainer Certificates, allowing learners to immediately put their exercise programming skills into practice and starting working with clients on a 1:1 basis or gain employment in a health club or gym as a Fitness Instructor or Personal Trainer.
Endorsed by Active IQ, the Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training is a nationally recognised qualification by both REPS and CIMSPA.
This qualification in personal training opens the doors to many rewarding and exciting career opportunities, working as a personal trainer or fitness instructor:
- In a health club, gym or personal training studio (employed)
- On a cruise ship
- On a self-employed basis
- Running boot camps and small group training sessions.
Following this qualification you may choose to complete further qualifications in topics including:
- Leisure/Health Club Management
- Level 4 Exercise Referral
- Sports Massage
- Special Populations
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training
Working as a personal trainer is a rewarding, exciting career, allowing you to use your skills and knowledge to encourage others to achieve their goals and improve their health. During the Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Personal Training you will:
- Study anatomy and physioloy, functional kinesiology and the concepts and components of fitness
- Understand how to gather, assess and analyse client information so you are able to assess a client’s current health and fitness and how this may impact their training
- Understand how to overcome the barriers to exercise by studying strategies for behaviour change
- Develop your skills and knowledge to be able to plan and conduct an exercise programme or personal training session based on client goals and within a variety of environments, using various resources
- Develop your communication skills to effectively build relationships with your clients
- Understand how to offer nutritional advice for physical activity and client goals
- Develop your knowledge of how to prepare for employment or setting up your own self-employed business, including the skills to manage and evaluate your own performance
The Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing & Personal Training is taught through a mixture of online study combined with personal trainer qualification is through a mixture of online study, combined with 13 face to face tutor days and 2 assessment days. You can start your online learning whenever if convenient for you, and then book your face to face days.
We recommend to allow 8-12 weeks to complete your online learning. Dates for the next tutor days are:
Venue – The Edge, Leeds University, LS2 9JT
Tutor Days – 4th to 8th, 11th to 15th, 18th to 21st June
Assessment Day – 22nd June
Tutor Days – 6th to 10th, 20th to 24th, 27th to 30th August
Assessment Day – 31st August
Tutor Days 29th, 30th September, 6th, 7th, 13th, 20th, 21st, 27th, 28th October, 3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th, 17th November
Assessment Day – 18th November
You must complete all elements of the online learning and face to face days before you book your assessment day.
- 2 x practical assessment day
- Case studies
- Portfolio of evidence/course work
- 4 x multiple choice exams
Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing & Personal Training (Active IQ), normally £1849, now only £1349. Quote M8L3DIP when you book!
Make your new career more affordable with our flexible monthly payment options.
The full balance must be settled 7 days prior to your first face to face study day. Flexible payment options apply to any discounts and offers.
SAVE £500 WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR THE LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN FITNESS INSTRUCTING & PERSONAL TRAINING FOR ONLY £1349 (NORMALLY £1849)
QUOTE M8L3DIP WHEN BOOKING
- Study in your own time with our flexible blended learning approach of online study, supported by 9 tutor days
- Make your new career more affordable with our flexible monthly payment options
- Keep on track with weekly tutor support calls (up to 12 hours)
- Once you have completed your course optimise your employment opportunities with a complimentary 60 minute careers advice and CV review
- All of our qualified tutors have least 5 years of working in the fitness industry, so you can learn from their experiences
- £200 voucher towards your own website
Due to the nature of the course some physical exertion will be required, so a degree of physical fitness is essential.
Experience of using a gym, including free weights, is preferred
Good communication skills are also desirable.