If you want to advance your career in the fitness industry by focusing on 1:1 or small group personal training sessions, then the Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training is the industry recognised qualification. Advancing the knowledge gained in your Level 2 Certificate In Fitness Instructing, this qualification equips you with the knowledge and confidence to deliver 1:1 and small group personal training sessions.
The Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training qualification opens the doors to many career opportunities, working as a personal trainer
- On a cruise ship
- In a health club, gym or personal training studio (employed)
- On a self-employed basis
- Running boot camps and small group training sessions.
Following this qualification you may choose to complete further qualifications in topics including:
- Leisure/Health Club Management
- Level 4 Exercise Referral
- Sports Massage
- Special Populations
Inspire and motivate others to achieve the goals they never thought they could achieve by working as a Personal Trainer. Endorsed by Active IQ, during the Level 3 Certificate In Personal Training you will study:
• Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
• Functional kinesiology
• Principles of nutrition, physical activity and health
• Health and fitness assessment
• Understanding and assessing client goals
• Understanding behaviour change
• Planning and delivering 1:1 personal training sessions
• Effective client communication
• Advanced training methods
Learning is through a mixture of online learning, combined with 10 face to face tutor days. You can complete the course between 3-6 months, but if you require longer that is fine.
Online learning can be started at any time, once you have completed all elements of the online learning and face to face days you will book in for your assessment day.
- Practical assessment day
- Case study
- Portfolio of evidence/course work
- 2 x multiple choice exams
Level 3 Certificate In Personal Training (Active IQ) – £1999.00
Payment can be made via monthly installments, please enquire at the time of booking. The full balance must be settled 7 days prior to your first face to face study day.
You should hold a suitable Level 2 qualification in Fitness/Gym Instructing.
Due to the nature of the course some physical exertion will be required, so a degree of physical fitness is essential.
Good communication skills are also desirable.